Zealong Tea Review | Fire & Ice and Green Heart
9:00 AMThe Kiwi Importer was kind enough to send me some teas from a brand called Zealong, a New Zealand based company. The Kiwi Importer is a quick and easy way to buy all sorts of products from New Zealand in the US. (And the owner is super sweet, too!).
Let's start with Fire and Ice. This tea includes black tea, ginger, spearmint, peppermint, and manuka. The black tea is great quality; not bitter and very smooth. You do get the "fire" heat from the ginger and the cooling effects of the spearmint and peppermint, but I wish the flavors were stronger. The tea itself was also a touch faint, but I could still taste the good quality of the leaves. Overall, I enjoyed this tea, but wish the flavors were more pronounced. I'd give it a 7.5/10.
Next is the Green Heart tea. This tea mixes green tea with lemongrass, ginger, tulsi (also known as holy basil), and kawakawa (a medicinal herb from the pepper family, native to New Zealand). Tulsi helps with stress and anxiety and is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. Kawakawa helps alleviate stomach and bladder pain. The first things you taste are the amazing quality green tea and the pungent lemongrass. The mix of flavors in this tea is magical and you do get a taste of every ingredient. Every time I drink it, I have a renewed appreciation for it. This is definitely a tea that I would repurchase. 10/10.
Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT




0 comments