Best Dessert Teas

8:08 PM

In my quest to stay fit whilst having a desk job, I have turned to dessert teas to curb my ever present sweet tooth. My criteria for a proper dessert tea are:
1) Just sweet enough to stop the craving. Not so sweet that I feel as gross as I would have if I had just eaten a real dessert, in which case, I should have just gone for the dessert.
2) Something so delicious that I find myself reaching for the tea as opposed to the real dessert
3) Definitely something decaf. I go for these teas in the evening when any caffeine would keep me up till the wee hours.
4) Variety! I can't have too much of the same flavor or I get over it very quickly, and in turn, will go for a pastry or a cookie.
5) While I am a honey fanatic, I'd prefer that my dessert tea comes with its own sweetness. Having to add sugar negates my desire to have this tea as a dessert alternative.

Here are the three that I have chosen as my favorites. Each has a unique flavor fit for any sweet tooth.


Chocolate Chai is the perfect blend of cocoa powder and chai spices. Neither overwhelms the other, nor is the cocoa too dry tasting. The rooibos has a natural buttery flavor and sweetness that instantly amps up this tea.

Caramel Apple tastes as close to the real thing as a tea could get. It has the slight sour yet sweet flavor of an apple, paired with a creamy caramel flavor. It's like the carnival made a pit stop in your very own tea cup.

Peppermint Chocolate has just the perfect mix of chocolate and mint. The mint cools and calms as a nice relaxing tea to drink to unwind from the day. It's like a spa in a cup.

What are your favorite dessert teas?

Happy tea drinking!
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Can you bring me a cup of that Caramel Apple? Thanks love you bye

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe