Tazo Chai Review

10:10 AM

Let me preface this with the fact that my heart has already fallen in love with a different chai from Teavana (will post review after Tazo series!), so no chai will ever compare in my mind. However, I will do my best to review the below tea with as little bias as possible.


Chai is naturally complex -- it is black tea mixed with a blend of aromatic and flavorful spices. Getting just the right balance of each flavor is a challenge. I believe that Tazo Chai takes you part way there. I can definitely taste the cinnamon and the spice from the black pepper. However, I believe the key flavor I long for in chai is the ginger, which is missing from here. Ginger aside, the black tea is slightly too bitter for me with this type of flavor.


Given my bougie taste for chai, I think this is actually a pretty solid tea to have in the office break room or as a quick grab and go tea at home. It gets the job done in terms of waking you up with the strong black tea and spice. This is not a spa type of chai, but it's good enough. I would give this tea a 7/10. Just average. 



Happy Tea Drinking
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe