DIY: Fruity Tea
10:18 AM
I recently went on a trip to Israel, where I was told by locals to buy their dried fruit for tea at the market. I did so happily, as we all know tea is my weakness. When i returned home and went to try it, I learned that the dried fruit alone doesn't steep too much flavor. That's when the thought occurred to me: I can mix my teas! The result was quite delicious.
In the photos, I used Butterbeer from Adagio-- which is a black tea flavored with caramel, cream, and vanilla-- and a mixture of dried fruits including papaya, coconut, and pineapple. The combination turned out delightful. One thing to note is that if you'd like a stronger fruit flavor, brew the tea with the dried fruit first, as fruit takes a couple more minutes to develop flavor. 2 minutes in, add the black or green tea and brew for an additional 3 minutes. If you're using an herbal base, such as rooibos, you can steep the fruit and the tea together for 5 minutes. This should give you the perfect cup of fruit flavored tea. Mix it up and let me know what fun combinations you were able to create!
Happy Tea Drinking
<3 TTT

0 comments