Black Forest Cupcake Trader Joe's Review
4:57 PMHello world!
I know, I know, it's been a while. Did you miss me or what? I could go on and on about how I was in a transition phase and everything was up in the air for a while, and even though TTT was always in my heart, it was difficult to find the energy to sit down and type -- but I'm just going to jump right into a review! Also, please note the updated layout by my favorite, Natalie! Isn't she great?
So this tea instantly caught my eye at Trader Joe's. It was one of those moments where I'm walking, see something delicious in my peripheral, and before I know it, it's in my cart. Black Forest Cupcake. Doesn't that sound just delectable? I ended up with two tins of this on my tea book shelf because my step mom was not a fan. It does have licorice root and sarsaparilla root (root beer type of flavor), so if you're not a fan of either of those, I would not advise purchasing this product. Instead, you should persuade a friend to buy it and try it at his or her place before making your own commitment.
Now, let's get down to business. Personally, I like this tea. I'm not in love, but I am definitely in like. It is sweet tasting from the cocoa and carob, so it's a great breakfast tea. Pairing the cocoa with chicory root (often used as a coffee substitute) is brilliant and enhances the chocolate flavor. As it is a black tea, I would not advise this as a dessert tea, unless you are one of those magical unicorns who are immune to caffeine. The hibiscus gives it a slightly sour taste, alluding to the sour cherry portion of a traditional black forest cake. I like adding a splash of almond milk for a slightly more decadent taste. Overall, I would rate this tea a 8/10. It's tasty, gets the flavor across, but isn't something I would write home about (yet clearly enough to write a blog about).
Buy it on Amazon or in store.
Let me know if there are any teas you're currently loving. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more tea!
Happy Tea Drinking!
<3 TTT




0 comments