Zhena's Gypsy Hazelnut Chai Review

8:42 PM

I believe this  Zhena's Gypsy Tea Hazelnut Chai was a gift, because I have no recollection of buying it. This morning before work I was looking for something to put some perk in my step, which made me reach for a chai.
(Thought I'd give you all a different angle of my tea mug on this review.) I'm sad to say that I was not impressed! There was no flavor. I was trying so hard to find SOME kind of flavor. Near the end, maybe after 15 minutes of brewing, I was able to taste a little bit of some spice -- I'm thinking it could have been the clove but it wasn't strong enough for me to be sure. There was some creaminess, which I think could have been from the vanilla bean or the natural flavoring that should have provided us with the hazelnut. In any chai you expect a punch of spice -- this tea did not give me that satisfaction this morning.
To try to add some flavor, I put in two teaspoons of coconut milk, which helped a touch. Still would not recommend this tea. I'm giving this a 3/10 for effort. It didn't taste bad, just didn't.... taste...

Happy Tea Drinking
<3TTT

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I agree that Chai should be robust. So sad it "didn't...taste" (I love that bit ��).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm a huge fan of the Maharaja Chai from Teavana! Try that if you like robust

      Delete

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe