My 10 Minute Makeup Routine

8:53 PM

Hello friends! Trying something a little different here -- I'm going to be interspersing more lifestyle, makeup, recipe, book suggestions, etc. on here. I'm going to try out writing one post on tea and one post on anything else each week. If you're not digging it, that's cool. Just let me know. If you do dig it, you can also let me know. Just talk to me. That's all I ask :).


First thing's first: you'll notice I don't have any primer, foundation, setting powder. I save those for special days.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I don't know about you, but I always say "you can use any eyeshadow as long as you have good quality primer", and let me tell ya, this is good stuff. Keeps my $5 eyeshadow in place throughout the workday without much stray. This primer will only set you back $12 and will last you for quite some time.

Winky Lux Diamond Powder: This is a powder foundation that I received in an Ipsy bag. I've been using it as a base eye shadow because, as you can sort of see, I've used up the highlight and base colors in the ELF palette. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. It's also just a shade lighter than my skin tone so it's perfect for a shadow base. 

ELF Eye Enhancing Shadow: I was roped in during a sale and thought I'd buy all of the ELF things. This was one of them. I use a blending brush to swipe into the lighter brown and the lighter purple from the ELF palette and blend that into my crease from corner to corner of my eye. Then, with a crease brush,  I dab into the darker brown and darker purple, lightly applying to just above my crease on the outter third of my eye. The purple is a nice touch to enhance brown eyes. This shadow isn't the most blendable, so start with a little and apply more as needed. (They no longer sell this palette, but for a similar look you can mix some browns and purples in your own collection).

Covergirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Champagne: This is an oldie but goodie. I originally purchased this because so many bloggers spoke highly of it. I must say that I agree. It adds the perfect pop to the inner corner and brow bone. I sometimes also dab this onto the center of my lid if I chose too dark of a base or was a little heavy handed with my blending/crease colors. I've also finally hit pan on this one after so many uses!

Lorac 3-in-1 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil:This eyeliner is a little hard so it takes some work to apply, but as long as you are patient, it goes on beautifully and stays put all day. I don't trust myself to make a clean line, so I go over my eyeliner with a smudge brush to smooth out the line and smoke it out a bit.

Pencil Me In Amethyst Eye Pencil: Another Ipsy bag goodie. I apply this to the outer third of my lower lash line for a little pop of color. My eyeshadow is usually tame at work so it's fun to brighten up the under eye.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara: I have had issues with certain mascaras that would leave flakes on my cheeks throughout the day or lose their curl. This mascara I have currently had on for 13 hours and they are still curled upwards! Love it. Thank you, Sephora Play, for this wonderful mascara.

Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colors Blush in Blushing Rose: Do you ever hit pan with blushes? I have been using this blush for longer than I am comfortable saying, and I have not hit pan! This blush is the perfect pink hue to brighten up your cheeks. It surprisingly lasts all day despite my lack of foundation or primer. 

Smashbox PhotoFinish Highlighter: This product no longer exists, so the link takes you to their current selection of highlighters. I like a subtle highlight, especially for work, and this gets the job done. I apply this to my cheekbones and t-zone (bridge of nose and forehead right above the unibrow). 

Revlon Balm Stain in Honey: I always have about 8 lipsticks on rotation in my work bag, but this is my go to. I originally bought this balm stain based on recommendation from Essie Button and have loved it ever since. It leaves a nice stain even after eating lunch, so I typically don't need to reapply. 

Hope you enjoyed this change of pace! 

Happy Makeup Applying,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I dig it! Thanks for sharing this and your love for teas and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They're great! They've been my go-to's for quite a while now

      Delete

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe