Lovejoy's Tea Room Review

6:00 PM

This weekend was my 24th birthday! And to celebrate, my cousin took me to a tea room that I had been wanting to go to for such a long time -- Lovejoy's Tea Room in San Francisco.

I was so excited to go here. The interior is exactly what you would expect of a tea room -- tea themed paintings on the walls, preserves and Devon cream on shelves, lace covered tables, and mismatched tea pots, tea cups and plates. The ambiance was just perfect. We both ordered the "Me" Tea service, which allows you two choose two items and a pot of tea for $16.95. We each got a scone and tea sandwiches, with the additional tea sandwich a la carte for $3.95. For tea sandwiches we ordered the Branston pickle chutney and cheddar cheese. In addition, she got cucumber and cream cheese and I got the smoked salmon and cream cheese. The scones were delicious! I was not entirely impressed with the smoked salmon sandwich as I felt the smoked salmon was a tad chewy, but overall the tea accompaniments were lovely.

My cousin ordered the Black Vanilla with Lavender tea, which tasted pretty good on first pour, but it got a little too bitter for me as it steeped. I also didn't get as much of a floral taste as I had expected. For my pot of tea, I ordered the China Rose Petal, which I was very impressed with! The rose flavor was great and it didn't get bitter as it steeped. I was able to enjoy my tea during the full hour and a half that we were there.


My cousin also treated me to two bags of tea! I opted for the China Rose Petal that I enjoyed so much as well as a new one called Apricot. Be on the lookout for reviews to come next week!

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe