Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe (5 Minutes!)

6:00 PM

I've been obsessed with this oatmeal as of late and I wanted to share it with you all. It's super easy, takes only 5 minutes, and makes me actually excited to eat my breakfast (not to mention made a coworker jealous).

All you need is a slightly overripe banana (to help with the smooshing), rolled oats (I used Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal from Trader Joe's), almond milk for some creaminess, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts, and honey to taste.
 Just throw all of the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl that's shallow enough to let it bubble up a bit, mix them together, and throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. If you like a thicker oatmeal, let it sit for 2 minutes before eating.
 And voila! How simple was that! Full recipe below.

Banana Nut Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal (or any kind of rolled oats)
1 smooshed up ripe banana
5/6 cups of water
1/6 cup almond milk
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup walnuts
Honey to taste

Instructions:
1) Mix all of the ingredients in a microwave safe dish that is shallow enough to allow bubbling
2) Microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds
3) Let stand for 2 minutes for thicker oatmeal
4) Enjoy!

Happy Eating,
<3TTT




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe