Nina's Marie Antoinette Tea

8:25 PM

My friends and family have learned over time that the key to my heart is some tea. They happily fuel my addiction and I happily accept, taste, and review. This gem I'm reviewing today was brought to my from France by a dear friend -- Nina's Marie Antoinette Tea


Let's first admire the packaging. How cute and French does that look? I feel regal just knowing that my tea came from a tin that looks like that! One downside, though, is that the lid is such a pain to take off! It is so snug on there that you have to slowly and carefully inch it up from various sides until it finally pops off. 


The tea itself is a black tea with apple pieces that is flavored with rose. Upon opening the lid, there is such a strong, wonderful scent of apple with a hint of rose. It is incredibly strong, but pleasant. Just don't stick your nose in the tin or it might be a bit much.


I did very much enjoy this tea. It is a ceylon black tea base, so be sure not to let it over steep. I find that ceylon gets too bitter for my taste if it steeps more than 5 minutes. The apple is mainly smell here, not much flavor. You do taste the rose, which is a nice floral touch to offset the strong black tea and sweet smelling apple. I do wish that there was more apple flavor as opposed to just smell, and thus, I award this tea with an 8/10 rating. 

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe