The Chai Box All Chai'd Up Review
12:08 PMHello everyone! Since today was a gloomy, rainy morning, I needed some Chai to perk up my day. Luckily I had some from The Chai Box handy. This is a brand that I first learned about and interacted with on Instagram, and I am so happy that I did. It is owned by a sister duo who grew up drinking Chai and blending it themselves at home. I got a pack of All Chai'd up from them and I tested it numerous (you don't want to know the number) times to make sure I had a comprehensive review for you. Verdict: Love it!
This tea is a base of good quality black tea that doesn't over power the spices. This blend has pieces of dried ginger, whole cracked cardamom pods, fennel seeds, cinnamon bark pieces, and crushed clove, all of which you can see. I feel it's rare to find chai that has no added flavoring, so the ingredient list on this one is impressive.
I tried brewing this tea using both methods that are listed on the back -- stovetop and steeped. I have also tried it with milk and without. Personally, as I like my teas strong, I prefer it with a splash of milk verses 1:1 with water. The plus of the stovetop method is that the leaves and spices get more room to breathe and release their flavors. The ingredients get more cramped when steeped. This is completely up to preference and time, though, as the taste is fantastic both ways. All in all, I would give this a 10/10. Very impressive!
Happy Chai Drinking,
<3 TTT




0 comments