Banana Almond Muffin Top Cookies

9:00 AM

Y'all. I am SO excited to share this with you! Words can't even describe! When I was creating this recipe, I knew in my head that the flavor could work. I had made a few batches that I ate out of pity to myself, but they honestly tasted like flour and had an awful texture. When I made this batch, I was in disbelief. I had to ask 4 different people if they liked it before I believed that I figured out the recipe; finally!
Banana Almond Muffin Top Cookies Recipe
These are gluten-free and not too bad for you! Each cookie has about 7 grams of protein, 16 grams of fat, and 13 grams of carbs. They are also 219 calories. (Compared with a normal chocolate chip cookie that has over 300 calories and has 42 grams of carbs). I eat these delicious cookies as a snack between lunch and dinner or for breakfast with a cup of tea and a bowl of fruit.
Banana Almond Muffin Top Cookies Recipe
And did I mention how fluffy and moist these are? They melt in your mouth!
Banana Almond Muffin Top Cookies Recipe

Banana Almond Muffin Top Cookies (Yields 10-11)

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1/2 c almond butter
1 1/4 c almond flour
2 tbsp melted coconut oil, and extra to spread onto the foil for baking
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 c unsweetened apple sauce
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Mash the banana (or let your mixer mash it for you)
3) Put all the ingredients into your mixer or a large bowl. Mix until combined
4) Spread some coconut oil over a lined baking sheet to prevent sticking
5) Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the batter. Fill the measuring cup about 3/4 of the way and pour onto baking sheet into circles. About 6 will fit per cooking tray
6) Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.

Happy Cookie Baking,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe