Rooibos Rocks Review

11:36 AM

Hello world! Yes, It's been a little while. Yes, I've missed you. Yes, there are many many posts coming your way that I have been preparing, including one about how I've coped with some major life changes. But all that excitement aside, let's get on with it, shall we?

Rooibos Rocks was kind enough to send me their Rooibos Sampler Tin, which has 10 tea bags each of Natural Rooibos, Chai Rooibos, Honeybush, and Green Rooibos. As many of you know from prior reviews, I love rooibos. I think it is a perfect alternative to caffeinated teas or coffee in the evening as it has a full-bodied flavor that is rich and creamy without the caffeine. It's loaded with antioxidants, it decreases blood pressure, aids in digestion, and has many more benefits.


The Natural Rooibos, in my opinion, is on par with other top quality rooibos's I've had. It's smooth, nutty, creamy, and has a caramel-like taste to it. The color is a deep, rich red. This flavor gets a 10/10 in my book.

The Chai Rooibos isn't my favorite from the tin. It isn't an unpleasant tea, but I like more of a spice profile in my chai. This tea has a much milder rooibos flavor and I could only pick up on the cinnamon of the spices. It would be better if named "Cinnamon Rooibos". I'm giving it a 6/10 because it doesn't deliver on the promised flavor for me. 

Honeybush is a very special tea for me because, in a weird way, it got me through a really rough time in my life. I'd drink it every night for comfort, so now that flavor has a nostalgia for me. Honeybush is more floral and less caramel-y than regular rooibos, while maintaining the same creaminess. There's also a slight taste of honey. I'd give this one a 10/10 for great quality.
Green Rooibos is basically non-oxidated red rooibos. This means that it is dried right after picking, making it have more antioxidants than traditional red rooibos. The flavor of green rooibos is much more earthy than the others in this tin. It maintains the same level of creaminess, but is a lighter flavor and is slightly more grassy. I'd give this one a 10/10 (disclaimer that this is the only green rooibos I've had, but I still find it high quality and flavorful).

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe