Arugula Pesto Recipe

12:08 PM

This recipe came to be because my arugula was about to go bad and I needed to do something with it. In comes pesto -- the quickest and easiest way to use up some greens. All you need to have on hand, really, are your greens, nuts, oil, citrus, and garlic, which is generally what I always have around the kitchen, anyway. I'll give myself a pat on the back and say that I made this recipe on the first try and was so impressed with it that I didn't make any changes. I even went back to try it several times and kept having to ask myself "wait, did I put parmesan cheese in that?" Nope! It has that amazing flavor while being completely vegan. And, even better, there's only one step to make it.



The pesto is perfect to use in your favorite pasta dish. Below I added about 2 tbsp to a portion of cauliflower gnocchi sautéed with some tomatoes. 

It's also a perfect dip for anything, like sweet potato fries.


Ingredients:
2 c of arugula
1 clove of garlic
1/4 c pine nuts
1/4 c walnuts
1/4 c olive oil
1/8 c lemon juice (about half a lemon)
A pinch of salt

Directions:
1) Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend. It's that easy! Put the arugula on the bottom so it's easier to blend. Enjoy! Store left overs in the fridge
*Tip* After a few days in the fridge, it gets thicker. Make it thinner by adding some olive oil.

Happy Pesto Making
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe