Aslan Chai Review
3:11 PM
You all know that I am picky with chai tea. With the combination of flavors in a classic chai, I expect them all to shine through and I expect some spice. This Spicy Chai from Aslan Chai delivers on the
spice, let me tell ya.
Aslan Chai is ground from whole spices. The ingredients are real and the list is small: green tea, cinnamon, black pepper, fennel, cardamon, brown sugar (not included in their sugar free version)I have tried several preparations of the tea to find my favorite one. I tried it over the stove with half almond milk and half water. This method was quite nice and muted the spice a bit. If you are not a fan of spice, this preparation method is for you. I, however, love the spice, so my favorite method is to brew the tea in all water, and add a splash of almond or coconut milk. I do this over the stove if I have some time, but if I'm feeling lazy, I just put the tea into a mesh trainer and go.
My final thoughts are that I do really enjoy this tea. The spice is perfect and the combination of spices is great. I do wish that the tea flavor was stronger, but they have the spices down. The powder does separate to the bottom of the cup if you brew via tea mesh ball, so you'll have to stir it every now and again. I give this a 8.5/10.
Happy Chai Drinking,
<3 TTT




0 comments