Back from Hiatus and Why I Started This Blog
12:16 PMHello! It is with sadness that I admit I haven't written anything in 3 months. To say that my life has been hectic would be an understatement. My summer consisted of an amazing internship, struggling to find a place to live, and a few weeks without internet, all of which combined to a very tired Vivian who couldn't even fathom opening up her laptop after work and apartment hunting and whatnot. But I am pleased to say that my life is finally settling down, internet is all hooked up, and exciting things are afoot. But most importantly, I am back in focus for this tea blog :)
While on the topic of my hectic life, I thought I'd briefly explain why I started writing this blog, aside from my love of tea, of course. Starting a few years ago, my life took a dramatic turn and I felt as though I didn't have much to turn to. As if starting college wasn't enough of a struggle, I had other instabilities that made it far worse and much harder to cope. Every night I would grab a cup of tea to de-stress and every morning I would drink a cup of tea to wake up my tired mind. In fact, one tea more than others did the job of calming my nerves-- Honey Bee by David's Tea. No matter what the stress was from, I would brew myself a cup of this tea and my heart rate would slow, my mind would stop running around, and I was able to finally catch my breath.
After about two years of accumulating stress, I developed stress induced pains in my abdomen accompanied with light-headedness and nausea. I felt utterly helpless. This wasn't (and still isn't) something that I was able to cure after a few short weeks taking medicine. I had to make a complete lifestyle change to bring my body back to normal. And trust me, in no way was this an easy task and I still struggle with keeping it all under control. While at the height of it, when the pain was so intense that I had to skip class (which I normally don't do), I couldn't dance to my fullest potential, and I frequently turned down hanging out with my friends because I didn't want to hunch over in pain in the middle of it, I learned that heat was the only way to ease the pain. Heating pads and hot tea became my saviors. I drank 3 to 4 cups a day. But those were all just temporary cures. I needed to teach myself to stress less and no longer had the dance or athletic outlet I used to turn to. In comes the blog.
I wanted to focus my energy on writing about something that I love, something that is stable in my life. As silly as that sounds, tea was the solution. I looked forward to trying new teas, having an excuse to buy teas, have tea parties, and writing about them.
I'm very happy to say that I am getting back on track and will put up new blog posts 2-3 times a week. Thank you for your patience and don't ever underestimate the power of tea!
Happy Tea Drinking,
TTT <3

0 comments