Labor Day Tea: Huckleberry

4:04 PM

On this warm Labor Day, after unpacking my tea box and finding gems that I hadn't been able to enjoy all summer, I decided to have some nice Wild Huckleberry Tea.
 I bought this last summer while on a cruise to Alaska. At the Kethikan stop there was a cute little souvenir shop. Of course, once I saw that there were teas, flavors which I had never seen before, I had to buy them. That day, I came home with this beauty and a Salmonberry flavor. (And look at how cheap!).
This tea is just great. Good quality black tea with a full-bodied flavor of huckleberry. If you had never tried this fruit, it taste kind of like a cross between a blueberry and a blackberry (to me, at least). You get the slight bitterness from the black tea along with the sweet and sour flavor of the berry.  Huckleberries also have antioxidant properties, Vitamins B and C, as well as high levels of iron. And don't fear over brewing! I left the bag in the whole time I was drinking it and it didn't taste off at all. 

Happy Tea Drinking,
TTT<3






You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed! There is nothing better than a warm cup of tea, a nice view, and a good book :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe