Roasted Dandelion Root Tea | Traditional Medicinals

8:13 PM

I've been trying to refrain from buying new teas until I am employed, but I couldn't help myself. I caved, my friends, which means a new review for you all. Yay!

Meet Roasted Dandelion Root Tea by Traditional Medicinals. I love Throat Coat by this brand and always go to it when I am feeling under the weather. Since one tea works for me, maybe this one will too! This tea claims to stimulate the liver to support healthy digestion by helping break down fat. Sounds like the perfect post-shouldn't-have-eaten-that-burger type of drink. I found this tea while on the hunt for a probiotic at a pharmacy. When I couldn't find the one I was looking for, I saw this in the same aisle and felt like I should try it, you know, for the good of my digestion (and to add to my obscene tea collection). 
This tea brews exactly like the Throat Coat tea. Pour hot water over the tea bag, cover, and let brew for 15 minutes. 
This tea has a distinctive roasted flavor. Not so strong that it isn't delicious, but strong enough to make this a sipping tea to be enjoyed over a period of time. It does taste "healthy"--herbal and like it's doing something good to you. It smells and tasted just like the name, a roasted Dandelion. It's nice. Not something I would drink because it's delicious beyond belief, but because I feel good drinking it. As weird as it seems, after just a few minutes, I feel by body cleansing in a sense. Might be me psyching myself out, but I feel something working in that liver area. I'd give this a 9/10. Tastes as it promises. No surprises. Only downside is that it gets a bit bitter the more it sits. Now let's wait and see if I can feel any benefits!

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe