Matcha Green Tea Latte Mix | Trader Joe's
7:16 PMThe two things I always order when I go to Starbucks are their Chai Latte or Green Tea Latte. When I saw that Trader Joe's had a green tea latte mix of their own, I had to try it. You know me-- I lack the ability to say "no" when it comes to tea. To rationalize my purchase, I did some math. Each tall cup purchased at Starbucks for this same drink is a little shy of $3. Meanwhile, the whole tin from Trader Joe's, which is about 8 servings, is $3.99. You almost get 8 for the price of one, right? Now let's see if the taste holds up.
This is prepared exactly as their chai mix. Take 3 tablespoons, add hot water or milk, and stir.
The end result is quite good. I like using hot water because I don't get that heavy "latte" feeling in my stomach, like I had eaten another meal. You could also heat up some milk or almond milk if that's more your style. You could also add some vanilla syrup or vanilla flavoring if you want to be fancy.
Again, I did not use a whisk, so apologies for the clumps at the top. This tea tastes quite milky despite the fact that I used water. You can taste the matcha, although I wish it was a tad bit stronger. I do think this is quite comparable to the Starbucks version and is something that I will buy again. The only downsides are that I wish the green tea flavor was stronger, and the powder sometimes settles at the bottom, so keep a spoon handy to stir. Because of those criticisms, I would give this an 8/10.
Hope this was helpful!
Happy Tea Drinking,
<3TTT





0 comments