Lovejoy's Tea Review| Apricot and China Rose Petal

4:28 PM

A couple weeks ago, I wrote about my experience at Lovejoy's Tea Room. This week, I'll be reviewing the two teas I purchased from Lovejoy's Attic -- the tea shop just  across the street from the tea room. It's a quaint, kitchy, packed-with-stuff, three room store (one being their office). The first room holds tea pots, cups, plates, and accessories. The second, smaller room, houses all of their teas.


From there, I was most intrigued by China Rose Petal black tea, which I had in the tea room and fell in love with. Apricot black tea won me over by it's fragrance in the shop. In the tea dish below, the tea on the right is the China Rose Petal, the left is the Apricot. The tea packaging does not describe the ingredients, so I'll take a stab at it based on what I taste and see.


Let's start with the Apricot tea.


This tea smells like apricots and flowers -- truly delightful. In the dish you can see apricot chunks and flower petals (what I assume to be calendula). And the taste is exactly what you see. You get the apricot, which is enhanced by a floral touch. Both flavors compliment each other well and you truly get to enjoy the taste of both. This tea does oversteep, so do not let it sit for too long. 10/10, I have no complaints.


Now onto my personal favorite, China Rose Petal. Once you open the bag, you are just overwhelmed by the delicious smell of rose, in a good way! The rose taste comes across just as strong as the smell. This tea steeps beautifully, and is perfect for tea time, as you typically leave the leaves in the teapot over the whole duration of your experience (can be two hours if you're like me). I would, personally, remove the tea leaves after about 20 minutes at the longest, because I don't want the tea to get too bitter and overwhelm the gentle rose flavor. This is probably the best rose flavored tea that I have had. 10/10.

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe