Best Hydrating Skin Products
4:50 PMHello World! I don't know about you, but with winter here my skin is all out of whack. Here are all of the products I have been using to keep my skin hydrated and looking fresh. I will caveat that this is only what works for me, so it is by no means the only way to keep your skin fabulous. Additionally, be sure to stay hydrated in general by drinking lots of water!
Lets start with hands. Those that know me best know that I am very particular about my hand lotions. They can't be too greasy and have to absorb. If any oily feeling is left on my hands, I can't touch things like cotton balls or paper towels-- seriously. Solution: these two bad boys. To start, Fresh Cream by Philosophy has such a luxurious scent. It truly smells like fresh cream. I always get asked about it when I put it on. The other two scents in the collection are great as well (apricots & cream and raspberries & cream). It soaks right into your hands and leaves no stickiness behind. I keep this at my desk at work to apply after washing hands.
Next, this Hemp Hand Protector by The Body Shop is my savior after washing dishes, cleaning the house, or simply what I put on on my way to work. This is a thicker lotion and will stay on the hands a bit longer. It has an earthy scent, but not overwhelming. I've gone through at least three of these tubes of have 3 more on standby. (Whenever The Body Shop has their awesome 40% off sales, I stock up).
On to body. Just as I am weird with my hands, I am also weird with my feet. I cannot go to sleep with dry feet. This Honey & Beeswax Hand and Foot Cream is unfortunately no longer sold on their website, but if it ever comes back, get your hands on it! (excuse the pun). This lotion is super creamy, smells sweet and subtle, and stays on those feet until they are moisturized. This stuff has been helping keep my calluses at bay.
The Body Shop Body Butters are a true obsession. Not going to lie, I have 5 of these lying around. The Honeymania scent is by far my favorite (they are currently out of stock of this one, but I also love the Shea Butter scent). I can't say no to anything with the word "honey" in it. The body butters are all non-oily, moisturizing, smell wonderful, and stay on your skin without feeling sticky.
Now for the face. My skin is combination dry and oily. It likes to turn a bright red when it is dry, and i'm usually too lazy to put on foundation, so I always get questions at work when I forget to take care of it. This strong team of 4 helps keep my skin from that embarrassing red. Aside from the products I'm mentioning here, I also don't wash my face with cleanser as often during the winter months -- maybe 3-4 times in a week.
I use Cerave Moisturizer most days, once in the morning, and again at night. It's light, soaks right in, and it's cheap. You get this sized bottle from a drug store or Amazon for a very good price and it'll last you a few months.
I use Vitamin E Overnight Serum from The Body Shop on days where my skin needs a little extra overnight help. Just put 4 drops in your clean hands and pat all over your clean face. Leave it on overnight and wake up with refreshed skin. It is oily, so if you have oily skin, try a sample before committing.
This Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream is a sample I received from a Sephora Playbox, and ordered again as a free sample when I made a purchase there. I can't bring myself yet to commit to buying a full-size, but man is this stuff good! It soaks right in (how many times have I said that already?) and has such an interesting texture. It feels like jellied water if that makes any sense. I do completely notice a difference in my face when using this -- that awkward redness is gone. Maybe one day I'll commit and make the purchase...
Last, but not least, lips. I need to put on chapstick every night or they crack and hurt and it's just a mess. This Nivea Raspberry Rose Lip Butter has been doing the trick! No, don't ask me how long I've had this. It's so good, that I wake up in the middle of the night and still feel it on my lips. No lip cracking when I wear this, and it smells lovely. The floral/fruity combo is a keeper.
Happy Skin Hydrating!
<3 TTT





0 comments