Tazo Vanilla Bean Macaron Review
4:30 PMI walked into Target and I just couldn't resist buying two teas from Tazo's Dessert Delights collections -- Vanilla Bean Macaron and Glazed Lemon Loaf. I'll admit, I initially walked past thinking, "Yeah, I can do this. I don't need to buy more tea." But then I stopped, did a double take, and somehow they ended up in my hands. Today, I will be reviewing Vanilla Bean Macaron for you.
I tried this tea 3 different times, and had different reactions each time. The first time I was pretty impressed -- the slightly nutty flavor typical of a macaron came through as well as vanilla bean and creaminess. The second time I noticed the creaminess a bit more, but was still impressed. The third time, however, I did notice a flaw in that it does not taste good if it sits. This is a tea that you pour and intend to finish within the next 15 or so minutes, in my opinion.
As with most teas, a lot of the flavor comes from the natural flavoring. This tea also utilizes Chicory Root, which is actually used as a caffeine free coffee tasting alternative. This helps give the tea it's nutty quality along with the roasted Yerba Mate. Licorice root and cocoa peel give it a nice sweetness. If you have an aversion to either the chicory or licorice roots, this tea is not for you. However, if you don't mind the two, I'd say this is a pretty well balanced tea and an indulgent way to wake up in the morning. I'd give it an 8.5/10. Don't want to give it a 9 due to the bitter taste when it sits.
Happy Tea Drinking
<3 TTT



0 comments