Wake Up Week: Day 2
3:23 PMHello! This week we wanted to see which tea does the best job of waking us up to study. Each day this week (Monday - Friday), I (Vivian) will try a different tea, finish it by 9:30am, and rate my energy levels at 10am, noon, and 2pm. Yesterday I tried a Mate blend from Teavana (click here to see the post), which seemed to work pretty well. Let's see if Chai does the trick!
Today I drank: Masala Chai from Peet's Tea. The black tea and spice in this are pretty strong, so hopefully the combination of caffeine and spices will wake me up! I'm drinking mine without milk or sugar, but if you want more of a latte type of drink, feel free to add some.
10 am energy: I feel quite awake! Eyelids are a little heavy but my mind is fully alert. Come at me, Tuesday!
Noon energy: I am feeling pretty hyper. Oh no. But productive! Eyes are still heavy, but I think that's just me. Had the willpower to accomplish most of what I wanted to this morning.
2pm energy: I am surprisingly still alert! I didn't feel as though I needed an afternoon-pick-me-up tea for a caffeine fix (but maybe to keep warm in this 40 degree weather) This tea is not quite as dehydrating as the Teavana Mate blend.
I think this tea was a success! I did lose the spunk from the caffeine near the end of this time period, but when it was effective, I felt quite awake and alert. So far this is in first place! I will definitely be using this again on those tough mornings.
If you have any Wake Up Tea recommendations, let us know!
Peet's Tea: Masala Chai



0 comments