Wake Up Week: Day 5
11:03 AMThis is it! Today I (Vivian) will try my last wake up tea and will rank them from 1-5! This week, we wanted to see which teas were the best at waking us up and keeping us up, so I decided to try out a few of my favorites as a little experiment. The plan was the drink tea by 9:30am and then rate my energy levels at 10am, noon, and 2pm. Here is the last post! (Sorry for this being 2 days late! Studying got the best of us).
Today I Drank: Milk Caramel from Lupicia. A roasted green tea with almond and flavorings. A very creamy tea that I got 50% off at Lupicia (how could I not buy it?)
10 am energy: I feel pretty awake! The roasted green tea and almond flavor give this tea a full-bodied taste that gets me ready for the rest of the day. The milk and caramel flavors that the tea promises are reminiscent of a latte (minus the coffee and the cream, of course), and trick your mind into thinking you're drinking something to wake you up. There is only slight heaviness to my eyelids this morning after drinking this tea.
Noon energy: After being outside in the cold all day, I am surprised that my energy level is still up. I don't feel any drowsiness kicking in.
2 pm energy: Here is where the Masala Chai still prevails. At this time I begin feel quite tired. Although this tea was great at waking me up, it's lasting power isn't as strong as my number 1 pick.
Overall, I still think this tea is a great pick. You will need an afternoon pick-me-up tea, but this Milk and Caramel tea is great at waking you up and lasting for at least 4 hours. Not to mention, it tastes quite good!
Lupicia Tea: Milk & Caramel
And here they are, the final rankings:
1) Masala Chai, Peet's Tea (read this blog post)
2) Milk & Caramel, Lupicia
3) Mate Blend, Teavana (read this blog post)
4) English Breakfast, Peet's Tea (read this blog post)
5) Vert Provence, Mariage Freres (read this blog post)
Thank you for following us in our Wake Up journey. If you have any reviews or themes you would like to see, let us know!



0 comments