Wake Up Week: Day 4

5:27 PM

Wake Up Week is 2 days away from being over! As finals are coming up next week for us, we wanted to test out different teas to see which would wake us up the best, and keep us awake and alert for all the studying we need to do. In the beginning half of this week I (Vivian) tried a black tea, a mate tea, and a green tea. I drank the tea by 9:30am and rated my energy levels at 10am, noon, and 2pm. Here is today's pick. (Please excuse the weird lighting from the sun this morning!)



Today I Drank: English Breakfast from Peet's Tea. I thought that the strong black tea might help wake me up. I also wanted to try a black tea again, since the Masala Chai worked so well.
10 am energy: After an initial burst of energy from the strength of the tea, I felt my eyes grow heavy at around 10am. I wasn't able to focus too well nor did I understand all that was explained at my morning review session. Outlook is not too great.
Noon energy: I perked up a little and was able to stay focused, but still didn't feel the same energy that I had felt from the Chai.
2pm energy: Same as noon time. Not too energized but not falling asleep. Definitely not as great as the Chai or the Mate blend, but I'd say it's better than the Vert Provence. While it didn't exactly wake me up, it did give me some focus later in the day. This might have long run effects, but not so great in the short run.


The Chai is still my favorite! So far, I would rank the English Breakfast in third place. One more day of Wake Up Week to see my true go-to for those "don't want to get out of bed" mornings.

What else do you want to read about tea? What kind of reviews would you like to see in the future? Do you have any wake up tea recommendations? Let us know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe