Wake Up Week: Day 3
2:59 PMThis week we are trying to see which teas help wake us up and prepare us for a long day of studying (or whatever else you might need energy for). So far, in first place is Masala Chai from Peet's (read about it here) and second is a Mate blend from Teavana (read about it here). Today, I (Vivian) will be drinking my favorite green tea. This is the plan: Drink tea by 9:30am, rate my energy levels at 10am, noon, and 2pm. Here we go again!
10 am energy: I feel awake, no spurt of energy like from the Chai, but I feel good (which may be a good thing, so I'm not hyper and able to focus)
Noon energy: I was definitely lacking energy. I guess this is what happens when I decide to use a tea because I love it instead of using it for a purpose. Unless this perks me up later, this one is not a go-to for energy in the morning. I should have realized that, reading that it is a "mellow" green tea. Whoops! I still enjoyed it :)
2 pm energy: I did gain a little more energy after noon, but not as much as the previous two.
Although this tea is one of my favorites, I will not be turning to it for a caffeine fix. I will definitely use this for those realizing days, however. Tomorrow and Friday I will try one more green tea and one more black tea.
Mariage Freres Tea: Vert Provence



0 comments