Trader Joe's Tea Party Set | Moringa Matcha Tea

1:25 PM

Here is part 3 of our Trader Joe's Tea Party Set review! (Bergamot Flavored Black Tea here, Vanilla & Rooibos Red Tea here). Today I am reviewing the Moringa Matcha tea.

Upon first sip I thought to myself, "Wow, this is complex!" True story. You instantly taste the earthy moringa and feel the smoothness from the matcha. You also get citrus notes and a sweet taste at the back of your tongue. The citrus notes come from the lemongrass and sea buckthorn peel; blackberry leaves and mango add to the sour taste. The earthiness comes from the moringa, nettle leaves (don't drink if pregnant!), and cornflower, which adds a gorgeous touch of blue to the dried tea. The sweetness comes from the apple.
Just by looking at the ingredients, you can see that this tea is chock full of health benefits. The nettle leaves are good for your immune system and kidneys. Blackberry leaves have a lot of vitamin c (although you probably won't get these benefits from the little amount per brew), and have anti-inflammatory properties. I wrote about the benefits of moringa HERE when I reviewed another tea. Matcha green tea is a power house in and of itself, loaded with antioxidants and known for it's metabolism boosting properties.

I give this tea a 8.5/10 because I wish the matcha flavor came through more. Overall, it was a delightful cup.

Happy Tea Drinking,
<3 TTT

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe