Yogi Egyptian Licorice Tea Review

12:26 PM

Second to last tea from my tea exchange! I must admit, I was skeptical before trying, because I am not sure about my feelings towards licorice. But I have heard good things about Yogi and my friend loves it so why not give it a go?

(Image from Yogi website)

The first thing I noticed was the strong cinnamon and licorice scent. It almost smelled more like cinnamon than licorice. Even my boyfriend, who refuses to taste or smell tea, commented on the cinnamon smell. The taste is sweet, a similar sweetness to that from Throat coat where you only taste it on your tongue. It's very difficult to explain this taste/feeling until you've tried it! But for me, this is a definite plus.

At first, I liked this at an 8/10 level. The sweetness and cinnamon flavor were great. However, after a while of drinking it, I started to slow down, a perfect indicator of "getting over it". After it sat for a little while, it started getting a strange after-taste. Because of this, I would rate this tea a 5/10. However, if you like licorice, I could see you rating this tea higher.

You can purchase this tea HERE

Happy tea drinking!
TTT <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe