Keep Your Teeth White Despite The Tea! | Crest White Strips
10:53 AMHello and welcome to my first journey with Crest 3D Professional Effects Whitestrips. I just started this three days ago and will show you all my progress along the way! This is only a 20 day treatment and claims to remove 14 years of stains. I have always wanted to whiten my teeth--with all of the tea that I drink, my teeth have taken quite a yellow turn. After seeing the great results that my boyfriend got from using these whitestrips, I decided to try them. (The lighting in my current apartment isn't great at all, so I apologize about the photos! I am moving soon and hopefully the lighting will be better there. I'll also have my Nikon D40 soon. How exciting!)
I have tried whitening my teeth several times before with a gel that I used to fill trays that were molded to my teeth that I got from my dentist, but my teeth were so darn sensitive that I could never last more than three days. This time, I am pushing through the pain!
I have been putting the strips on at night about 5 minutes after brushing my teeth and keep them on for 30 minutes. This is the morning after 2 treatments and my bottom teeth are quite sensitive--just a constant annoying nagging feeling. Hopefully this sensitivity will pass soon, but I am determined to whiten my teeth.
Tea, especially black tea, can stain your teeth because it contains chromogens, which are also present in pomegranates, coffee, red wine, and cola. A chromogen is a compound or chemical that reacts to create a colored end-result. Double whammy: tea also has more tannins than in coffee, which add to its stain-ability. After years of tea-obsession drinking 2-3 cups a day, I can definitely see the color affects on my teeth.
I have been brushing my teeth with Crest Whitening Toothpaste with Scope for about a year now, which has halted the yellowing process, but hasn't removed any of the stains that have built up.
I am now going to reveal my teeth, which is a big deal because I am so self conscious about their color! I hope that, even in my poor lighting, you can see the change that my teeth will undergo! Here is day 1, up close and personal:
Happy Tea Drinking and Teeth Whitening!
TTT <3



0 comments