Republic of Tea Review Pt 3
11:33 AMGood Hope Vanilla Red Tea: The smell of this tea is fantastic--creamy vanilla, similar to that of Republic of Tea's Caramel Vanilla (reviewed here). The flavor had that same buttery vanilla quality, but unfortunately, had a very strange after-taste. After a few sips, I decided to equate this to salmon roe. It was quite odd. It took me a while to drink this tea because of that weird after-taste, but once the tea cooled down, that it went away completely and I was left with delicious buttery vanilla. I'm not quite sure if the after-taste went away due to the passing of time or because the tea had cooled down. Regardless, as a hot tea this wasn't cutting it for me, but as a cold tea it was quite delicious. I rate this tea a 7.5/10 because of the off-putting taste, but still give it a fairly high rating because it is very good cold.
Chamomile Lemon: I find that it is quite hard to mess up chamomile tea. Most brands that I have tried are very good, with the few exceptions that are extraordinary. This tea is in the middle of those two categories-- the chamomile flavor is great and even has some of herbal qualities that I love, coming from the addition of lavender flower, orange blossom, and passion flower. However, I hardly tasted any lemon. As a chamomile tea this tastes fantastic, but as a chamomile lemon tea, it falls short. I would rate this tea a 7.5/10 because it has a delicious tea base, but is lacking on the flavor.
The People's Green Tea: This is the light at the end of the tunnel for this week's batch of reviews. All of the teas previous were not as great as I had hoped, but this tea is delicious! The smell is reminiscent of matcha green tea--it has that creamy and earthy smell. And the flavor is a mix between good green tea and matcha. I see why this is among the most popular from Republic of Tea. This is definitely a tea that I will repurchase. I rate this a 9.5/10, only because I am very picky with my green teas and have had amazing quality ones while in China.
Happy Tea Drinking!
TTT <3






0 comments