Republic of Tea Review Pt. 1
8:34 PMGinger Peach White Tea: Upon brewing, this smells like Peach-Os with hint of ginger. I was slightly disappointed because I was expecting a flavor as powerful as the smell, but only got subtle flavor. However, after a few more sips, I began to better understand this tea, for lack of better words. It is quite soothing, although you would expect ginger to be spicy. The packet's instructions say to steep for 30-60 seconds, which is a short amount of time for the rest of the flavors to develop but is necessary for the ginger to not be overpowering. I do wish that the peach flavor came across more, but you can definitely taste it. The peach nor the ginger flavors overpower one another. Perhaps the water was not hot enough and therefore did not extract as much flavor as it could have, but overall I think this tea is quite good. I would rate this an 8.5/10 because I do wish that the peach flavor was stronger, but I do enjoy this tea. Besides, I have two more chances with a green and black tea version of the same flavor to see if I can brew them correctly.
Pomegranate Green Tea: Once brewed, this tea is a pomegranate juice berry red color, which is very unlike the Disney Tea Brand or Hickory Farms pomegranate green tees that I have tried. This let me know that the pomegranate flavor was going to be real and intense. I was worried, though, that this would taste more like a juice than tea, which although could be delicious, is not what I was hoping for from a green tea. However, I am pleased to say that this tea is fantastic. The best description I can give, and I mean this in the best way possible, is that of watered-down pomegranate juice mixed with green tea. You get the slight tang from the pomegranate, and yet still have the taste of green tea in the background. If you are not one for bitter flavors, try adding just a touch of turbinado sugar. I really enjoyed this tea and would rate it a 8.5/10 because I did feel that there could have been more of a pomegranate flavor and that the green tea flavor was a tad too much.
Caramel Vanilla Black: This tea tastes quite similar to the Vanilla Caramel flavor that I tried by Lipton (read the review here). I believe that this has a very similar taste but is a notch above the Lipton in quality of tea and flavor. Here's why: As opposed to being over powered by the creaminess of the vanilla and burnt sugar taste without the intense sweetness, there is also a great black tea flavor hanging around in the background. As I did not drink these close enough together, though, I can't make a very good comparison, but if you are interested, I can do that in the future once I get my hands on the Lipton flavor again. I would relate the caramel flavor of this closer to that from the Caramel Honeybush tea by Revolution tea I reviewed a while back (read about it here). It is not too intense that it covers up the flavor of the tea. I really enjoyed this, and think it would be great with a splash of milk. I would rate this a 10/10. No complaints!
Check out these teas on the Republic of Tea website with these links:
Thank you for reading, and happy tea drinking!
TTT <3






0 comments