Republic of Tea Review Pt 2

12:47 PM


Blackberry Sage Green Tea: The tea bag smelled sickeningly of blackberry, like that artificial sourness and sweetness, so I was initially afraid of what I was about to try. However, once brewed, the smell transforms to being relaxing as the sage and blackberry blend in perfect harmony. The taste is not artificial at all, which is what the initial smell led me to believe. I could even taste a slight sour flavor from the blackberries. The sage flavor is not apparent at first, but tickles your tastebuds as an afterthought with its fresh qualities. This tea is a little dry tasting, however, and tended to be more smell than flavor. I would rate this tea a 7/10

Hibiscus Coconut (Herbal Tea) : I would not expect a tea to quench my thirst. When I am parched, I reach for water more often than tea. But this tea is so hydrating, you won't believe! It is almost as if you are drinking coconut water with a hint of sour hibiscus. If you don't think that this flavor combination would work, I highly suggest you give it a try. It is enjoyable to drink as it is hydrating, creamy, slightly sour, and relaxing, as well as refreshing. I have nothing else to day, 10/10. Definitely will be purchasing the full size.

Get Clean (Herbal Tea): This is of their detox teas that claims to help you feel less bloated and gross after having eaten an unhealthy meal by stimulating the liver. There is an asterisk on the packet stating that their claims are not FDA approved, meaning that the ingredients are thought of to have these cleansing properties, but their claim has not been tested by the FDA. This tea contains dandelion root, which is great for digestion and is an antioxidant, and chicory root, which helps upset stomachs and curb appetites. Whether or not these ingredients are in high enough quantities in the tea to cause any effect is debatable. Regardless of its claims, this tea is quite delicious! It did take the first sip to get used to it though, as it does have much more of a "healthy" flavor. The best way that I can describe the smell is almonds and healthy supplement. You initially taste the almond flavoring, which almost has an alcoholic type of taste, but that goes away after the first sip. After a few more sips, I likened the flavor to an almond meal based cookie dough. I am definitely going to buy this tea again, not so much for the "clean" claims as I hadn't tried it for long enough to see if there are any results, but more so for the delicious flavor. This is a 10/10 for flavor, not sure about the rating for its claims, yet though, but I do plan on doing a full review once I buy it.

Decaf Apricot Black Tea: I had such high expectations because of the smell; like apricots and cream. I was a little disappointed, though, that the flavor didn't come across all that much. It basically tastes like warm water with a hint of apricot. I even put the tea bag in for longer than recommended in hopes of deepening the flavor. which did not happen. I really wish that this tea had a stronger apricot flavor, because right now I have to search for it. I would rate this a 3/10. Not very impressed.


Check out these teas here:
Blackberry Sage Green Tea
Hibiscus Coconut
Get Clean
Decaf Apricot Black Tea

Happy tea drinking!
TTT <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tiny Tea Things

As and owner of over 70 varieties of tea, I decided that it was about time I started reviewing them. My collection of tea evolved as a method of coping through the many college struggles… specifically, starting after Freshmen year. Not only do I want to share my favorite (and not favorite) teas with you, I also would love another reason to buy and drink more teas.

Read more...

#tea on Instagram

Subscribe